Managing Fall Risks and Preventing Falls in Seniors
A fear of falling can confine many seniors in their home. Real falls, of course, are a major concern. In fact, the number of seniors who die from fall related illnesses has doubled within the last 15 years. Each year, one-third of adults over the age of 65 experience a fall.
To help keep their senior loved ones in the home, many families hire home health aides and professional home caregivers. Chosen Family Home Care is committed to keeping senior patients safe through our well-trained and compassionate caregivers. In combination with a comprehensive fall prevention program, Chosen Family Home Care aims to help our patients reduce their risk of falling in the home. This is where 75 percent of falls occur. This risk can be reduced by:
- Understand their fall risk and understanding how medications can increase risk
- Learn healthy self-care through education
- Improve their quality of life through supportive services
- Avoid preventable falls by mitigating hazard risks
- Remain safely in the home
- Reduce expensive hospitalizations and readmissions
Reach out to Chosen Family Home Care and find out about how our fall prevention and reduction training program. By instilling this and safety education, we can effectively complement our supportive at home care services for seniors today.